5mm Tissue retrieval Bags
A.M.I. 5mm Tissue retrieval BagS
Product category: Laparoscopy
First of it's kind
Designed for use through a 5 mm trocar
Opens automatically in the abdomen
Can be set aside for removal on completion
More than just tough and tear-resistant
Over the last three decades, the progressive miniaturization of laparoscopic surgery has brought many advantages for patients. With the introduction of laparoscopy, two of the surgeons’ main aims were to accelerate the post-operative recovery and reduce the rate of incisional hernias and wound infections.
This trend towards miniaturization continues today. The most recent developments are SILS and hybrid NOTES, two new techniques intended to supplement conventional laparoscopy which are both enjoying increasing popularity. In keeping with this trend, A.M.I. has now created the world’s very first 5 mm retrieval bag featuring patent-pending technology.
The A.M.I. Tissue Bag Premium 5 mm is not only intended for a miniaturization of general laparoscopy, by enabling access via smaller ports. This unique bag may benefit small children requiring surgery, and will become an indispensable instrument for surgeons practicing the new SILS and hybrid NOTES techniques.
A.M.I. Tissue Bag Premium for SILS/LESS
During SILS / LESS procedures (single incision laparoscopic surgery / laparoendoscopic single site surgery), the working instruments lie more or less parallel to one another.
The TissueBag Premium 5 mm offers 4 main advantages:
- 5 mm access: The 5 mm ports placed for shears or electrocautery hooks can also be used for the bag. No additional or larger 10 mm access is necessary.
- Opening direction: The Tissue Bag Premium expands lengthwise, allowing the specimen to be fed into the bag in a similar direction to the grasper. This makes the surgeon’s work considerably easier.
- Detachable: The specimen can be placed in the Tissue Bag Premium 5 mm, and the bag including specimen then detached from the handle and put aside in the abdominal cavity for later removal. Before detaching, the bag can be closed by means of a purse-string attached to the handle.
- Space-saving: The minimalistic design of the instrument means there are no handle rings or other parts occupying valuable space.
A.M.I. Tissue Bag Premium for Laparoscopy
During laparoscopic surgery, several trocars are inserted through the abdominal wall. For larger entry points (10 mm or more), the incision should be closed again afterwards to reduce the risk of trocar site herniation. The Tissue Bag Premium 5 mm minimizes the need for larger trocars, and is also ideally suited for insertion through lateral trocars. Retrieval of specimens can proceed as usual through the umbilical camera trocar at the end of the procedure, the bag having previously been detached and closed with the purse-string.
The TissueBag Premium 5 mm offers 2 main advantages for laparoscopic surgery:
- 5 mm access: The existing 5 mm ports for shears, graspers and other laparoscopic instruments can also be used for the bag, and the use of 10 mm trocars is therefore minimized or eliminated completely. The advantages for the patient – such as faster healing of the wound and less pain – are considerable. The bag is also particularly beneficial for use in children of a very young age.
- Detachable: The specimen can be placed in the Tissue Bag Premium 5 mm, and the bag including specimen then put aside in the abdominal cavity for later removal. The bag can be closed by means of a purse-string attached to the handle. Specimen can be retrieved via the umbilical camera port.
A.M.I. Tissue Bag Premium for Hybrid NOTES Technique
The main aim of the trans-vaginal hybrid NOTES technique is to reduce trauma to the abdominal wall. Trans-vaginal access – a long-recognized and well-established means of entry amongst gynaecologists – offers the benefit of low infection rates, and easy opening and closing of the vagina. In addition, retrieval of specimen is facilitated by the considerable elasticity of the vagina.
The TissueBag Premium 5 mm offers 3 main advantages for the trans-vaginal hybrid NOTES technique:
- 5 mm access: Only one 5 mm trocar through the abdominal wall – generally umbilical – is necessary to provide access for the Tissue Bag Premium 5 mm. Trauma to the abdominal wall is therefore kept to a minimum.
- Detachable: The specimen can be placed in the TissueBag Premium 5 mm, and the bag including specimen then put aside in the abdominal cavity for later removal. Retrieval of the specimen is carried out transvaginally by means of the pursestring suture used to close the bag.
- Opening direction: The Tissue Bag Premium expands lengthwise, allowing specimen to be fed easily into the bag – even with a curved grasper. This makes the surgeon’s work considerably easier.